First Question and Thank You

Jun 16, 2009 at 10:20 PM
Edited Jun 17, 2009 at 8:09 AM

Hi;

I think you are working on a very useful project. There are 3 similar works done I was checking out. Simon Hay's work which he published about a year ago http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~sjeh3/wii/ is the first example I remember, it requires a callibration process with 4 LEDs and he'd used MATLAB libraries, but worst part for Windows programmers, is it's on Linux. Freetrack is great but had been programmed on native Delphi. Lastly Wiimote 6DOF is a recent project I saw on Internet, it's great but more likely to be oriented for general motion capture like ones done for 3D animation studios. Windows platform has a great Wiimote Library but had no practical library on realtime motion capture until you guys release this project.

THANK YOU

So here is my question:

Do you plan to implement capture the 3d position of more than one LED? I mean like in Freetrack, or this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7vXf5kd8vI ?

With your program, one can get 3d position of a point but it's just a point, what about getting point's direction (for example in regards to screen). Sure we'll need a predefined shape like one used in Freetrack.

OpenCV 2.0 Beta is expected in 2 weeks and I guess they'll have classes for this kind of calculations, but from what I saw in your sourcecode you didn't use OpenCV.

Thanks a lot, and keep the good work.

Bogac Guven

Coordinator
Jul 16, 2009 at 9:43 PM

Have a plan. But design is not perfect, is expected to take some time.

Sep 1, 2010 at 12:22 PM

hi;

I'm using your project for teach points to an Industrial Robot, But there is a big error rate associate to the point that I taught. 

Can you tell me what is the error rate associate to your tracking position project? or, Can you tell me another solution to fix that problem?

Thanks a lot, and keep the good work.

Bruno Vasconcelos

Coordinator
Sep 2, 2010 at 9:29 AM

우선, 저희 프로젝트를 사용해 주신다니 감사합니다.

자세한 내용은 확인후에 다시 답변 드리겠습니다.